Saturday, April 2, 2011

Scraping bits and pieces


Lately there's been a tidal wave of long blog entries so I'll try to squeeze in, push my way through with elbows if necessary.

I don't have anything to add from my account about the educational/school system as I find that Tanel has done a good job collecting all the vital information you need to know. Good job, T- man!

The bicycle joke is growing old and mouldy by now, so I'll drop that subject. Weather? Got better topics than that (although it was around 16 degrees at some point).

Since the time in it's illusiveness is soon running out, I think more and more of one spesific thing: what I am going to take on board of a plane taking me back to my hometown besides 20 kilo of luggage?

To start with, for the departure date I have packed quite a number of imaginery suitcases stuffed with KNOWLEDGE. You think that it's fun just to casually blend into the scenery of a classroom as a piece of furniture during the lesson? Hell no! For all the time being here I've tried not to fall too much behind all the rest of the class and searched for topics myself. Living in a computerized area has it's benefits after all. Deoxigenartion process, the Aztecs, the survival of the fittest - all just a click away.

As a bonus to the previous point, my Danish has also escalated upwards. No, I'm definately not a Danish- speaking prodigy now, but I feel my relationship with this glotal, one of a kind language has moved towards the green zone. Not that I speak that much or my vocabulary has all the everyday words covered, but a point from which to kickstart again when home is there and waiting.

The second significant point is a bit personal, but let me throw some light on this smudgy point. Personal development. Experiencing a coctail of varying mood swings from gushing excitement to feeling of being deep down in a dark pit. Independence and responsobility being classified as the 'good' ones, lack of hope and losing inner peace on the 'bad' part of the scale.

New opinions and a more variant worldview, plus a better understanding of whom people really are. Who are being genuine and can earn the trust and sympathy, who are real ****heads and phonies. At this point I've had experience in both cathegories. Not extremely happy about the last one, but the experience itself is a valuable lesson.

The third thing I'd like to point out is that living with my host family and observing their relationships every day, their habits and traditions, I might aswell return home as a better daughter. Before I left, I had no significant problems or sharp disagreements with my parents, but the feeling was as if they had their own world and I was an occasional cosmis guest from another planet. I think that my host family has planted an idealised picture of a strong family in my head and I want to show some more love to my mom and dad now. When was the last time you actually acknowledged that your 'oldies' are always there for you?

To make leaving Denmark even harder, I feel like I already miss a couple of friends I've made her. Like real friends, not just the people you know by name and have partied together or went to the same class with. Real friends who know what kind of a personal you are. This doesn't count as an achievement, but those people I'm going to carry in my heart even after stepping off the board of the plane and blendind in with my life where I left it.

It's 4 in the morning and I've gradually run out of ideas. I hope, dear readers, that you won't mind me getting a little personal with you on a comfortable enough level for me. I really felt like sharing that piece of cake with all of those who made it this far.

Of course my blog post is followed by picture provement of my existence.


Friendly shark on the basement walls of an art university where I would LOVE to study.


The dog has nothing to do with this entry, it's just to awesome not to show.


Sunny Saturday at Mindeparken dragged all the people out of their hiding spots.


This two kiddos kept running around me and Sara as we sat in the park. I share the cuteness only in this blog, please don't use the picture elsewhere, because I don't want their parents claiming I'm a pedophile -.-

5 comments:

  1. Sorry, but I don't recall ever allowing you to call me "T-man".

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went over this website and I believe you have a lot of wonderful information, saved to my bookmarks Web automation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gmail Sender bot is the ultimate solution for keep engaging your visitor with you. It remained your user that you were post something or you will. That gives a huge impact on your traffic and your site is boost like a pro. Know more info about Gmail Sender Bot here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a valuable article. I really appreciate for this great information.. Adwords mobile clicker bot

    ReplyDelete