Wednesday, January 19, 2011

As I can see we all keep apologizing for our rare writing in this what we call was supposed to be an every day news flash page to keep you guys updated. So I must say I'm sorry and I am not proud of the fact that the last time i wrote was on Friday.

I'll try no to be distant, but to be honest it's hard to concentrate on writing now when I have heard the news about Mall Koppel. As much as I have talked to other students - no one wants her to go, including myself. So my mood is quite down. Biology is my favourite subject and it is so thanks to her, I could never imagine going back to Kuristiku and see someone new in her class. Never.

Also want to say a big hello to Henri Laurand who desperately keeps talking to me in messenger and wants to be mentioned here so badly. Hi Henri!

As for Denmark for why this blog is truly made. I can't speak for others, but I think it's great. It keeps getting better and better and I'm really happy. I get along with so many of my classmates and starting to feel accepted here. I'm sure it will only get better in a couple of weeks and then I'll truly be settled in here.

I should probably be more specific and mention a couple of things. Like the way they lift up their finger when they want to answer, like it's the most common thing ever. Looks really funny when about 7 people in the lesson have their fingers up in the air... should take a picture and show it to you guys.
Most of the people haven't heard of Estonia, don't know where it is and don't know anything about it. So I have made sure now that at least people from my (suhtlusringkonnast) know that we're not cave people, we have malls, we have food stores, pool, cinemas, bowling etc. We have internet, computers, Wifi and so on.
Even though I don't understand anything they're saying in class I can still get that their classes are really interesting. They do a lot of experiments in biology and chemistry, they show a lot of clips on screens depending on the theme and they do a lot of group work. Everyday we have group work in at least one of the lessons.
Another thing I found out today while waiting for the bus in the city was that after six or seven buses only come twice in an hour... All the buses, which I just don't get. I mean it would be okay if it was summer and 20 degrees, but in winter it's just a slap in the face. So what you do is you find a 7-11 and go buy something and get warm until the bus comes. I'm pretty sure they make a lot of money off from that.
Oh, all the second (11) grades take a trip somewhere in the beginning of April. My class is going to Tenerife... TENERIFE! That is just insane, so yes we should all be jealous, but also considering the fun we have on our class trips even if it's in Estonia (remembering Erkki-Siim and 11 bottles of beer in Saaremaa) I don't feel that bad, because our trips are awesome no matter where we go.

But I promise, I'll write sooner now. It's just I often feel I have nothing interesting to say so I just leave it. And you should also write something fun for me in comments. We all need something to read here.

Bye bye!

4 comments:

  1. My dearest Helen! You needn't worry about teacher Koppel anymore. The situation is satisfactory, the case was settled. We(Sooväli and me) had a talk with Mart Veliste and then our headmaster Liblik after the 1st lesson in the morning. The headmaster came to Koppel's classroom and they discussed all the matter. It seems that it was just very big misunderstandig. How is your financial situation? Do ypu still ahve any pocket money?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the first scholarship money pretty much went on the bus ticket but I got my paycheck on the 10th so I asked my mom to sent some of it on my Nordea card.
    And I'm really glad that everything is alright with Koppel now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to read that your classes are interesting, that you do experiments, a lot of group works, videos and so on, actually I would like to do same in our classes. I am a bit jealous that they're going to Tenerife, but you're right, we do have a lot of fun on our trips!! Miss u!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, and when you get back, I'll teach you a freakin' awesome dance routine!!! You can already listen to this song (Jessie J - Do It Like A Dude)

    ReplyDelete