Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hi everyone!

I'm glad that the worst(my first school day) is over by now. When we arrived in the classroom, no one knew I was coming, so it was a little bit awkward in the beginning. I had to have a "supporting student" in my class, so the history(this was my first lesson) teacher said: "This boy over there wants to take care of you, but of course, in a decent way." :D So I sat next to Frederik and he was my first friend in my class. I had to talk a little bit of myself in front of the class and they introduced themselves as well. Some of them were quite funny, for example: "Hi! My name is Peter. I am 18 and I've got a new Ipod Touch." and "Hi! My name is Lukas. I'm also 18 and I really don't like anything." They all seemed really nice and in the end of the day I had spoken to some of them.

Today I was supposed to go to school on my own, but it was so dark that my mom drove me. I made some new friends(this time they were girls) and we even changed phone numbers. And now today's scary part: I came home alone. At first I was going to the wrong direction, but luckily I discovered it early enough before I got totally lost. I almost peed in my pants, but it's good that I didn't because the second time I found the right way home. That felt good.

I only found English, Danish, Spanish, chemistry, society, religion, history, P.E and ancient arts in my schedule. I don't know about the other subjects. But I'll find out.

PS: Mom, if you read this, I make everyday my own sandwich to school. So you can be proud of me. :)

3 comments:

  1. They said that you live close to school. But it seems that it is still that far that you got lost. It's so sweet that you have two moms now, that you name the Danish host mother also mom. How do you refer to her at home?
    So, how does it feel now in general after two school days? Still optimistic? You can invite both your moms to contributors, then they will be able to post their entries to our blog as well. What do you think about it? Do you meet Bodil or Allan every day? Any problems?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I´m so happy for you Mariliis. Words can´t describe how proud I am that you learned to make yourself a sandwich(Promised myself I wouldn´t cry when you accomplish that, but I did). Sadly some of the boys in 11b are quite hungry and unfortunately they have insufficient amount of skill to make a sandwich for themselves. So if you come back from Denmark, please make A LOT of sandwiches for 11b boys :)

    -Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. To anonymous: Oh, I didn't know that boys from 11b are that helpless. But if u are my mom, as you claim to be, then why don't you help them out and make them some sandwiches?

    To M. Eero: Yes, it's not far from school but, there is no straight way to school(if you know what i mean:D). Usually when I talk with my host mom, I won't call any names, I'll just start talking, but if I talk about her with my host father then it's Dorthe and when with boys then it's mom or your mom. And yes, I'm still optimistic and I'll continue with that attitude or else I won't survive :D and why souldn't I be optimistic at all? Everything is great! :) Yes I can talk to my host mom if she's interested in writing here some posts. We met Bodil and Allan on Wednesday and we will continue meeting on every Monday. So far I have no problems :)

    ReplyDelete