Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mittens D:

Should have been smart enough to take my mittens with me in the morning. Oh well, I’ll just try to hide my hands in the oh-so-tiny pockets of my jacket.

I had the luxury of doing nothing in the morning since I hadn’t any lessons till midday. Oh the joy of a warm blanket with a cow print on it. Add a 700-page thick book of most unpredicatable events. Pure joy.

School was as typical as a school can get during the third week of your stay. Yeah, in a sense, it isn’t so interesting any more. From the point of everything being new. Now it’s hard work trying to make my way through Danish chit-chat alla around me.

But to mix some colours to a usually not so significant school life, we had an experiment in chemistry yesterday. Extracting salt from a sausage (poor whatever it was, died in the name of science). But it’s oh so more enjoyable to learn the complicated subject of what it is called chemistry, when you actually see the processes you read about happening under your own nose. Plus the change of the colour from sunny yellow to thick blood red was also kinda cool.

I’m writing this from a bench in a center called Veri. What a jolly nice name. (Veri is blood in Estonian, dear non-native readers). But there’s no heating system here so my fingers are cold and lifeless. And for the sake of wasting some kroner, I bought a local special Cocio. Not that hard to guess what it is.

Argh, still 40 minutes till the bus comes, gotta go and find some occupation.

1 comment:

  1. I understand you very well. I have just come home from KUMU, where the American Embassy screened a film about legendary 2Pac. Some students from our class promised to come, but actually the most trustworthy of all were Anna-Maria and Greete. Thank you, girls. It was worth of freezing in this cold and snow at the bus stop for 20 minutes. I also had a long morning today, woke at 9 and was almost late for school. So, we had 2 things in common with you today.

    ReplyDelete